2021 - Reflections Arts Competition
Theme: I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD BY…
Share Your Creativity - Enter the Franklin PTA Reflections Art Competition
This an opportunity for student to use their creative talents to explore the arts and express themselves by sharing how they will change the world.
What is Reflections?
Reflections is a National PTA arts competition offered through the Franklin PTA.
Who can participate?
Any student attending Franklin.
How to participate?
Students enter a piece of art that goes through a judging process at the elementary school level with the potential to advance to the Council, State and National level.
What are the Art Categories?
Visual Arts, Music Composition, Photography, Literature, Film Production or Dance Choreography. There is also a Special Artist Division (for students with disabilities).
How to get started?
Review the Rules for the art category and the Checklist for Success, both located on the Reflections (mybenfranklinpta.org)
Reflect on the theme. Create a piece of art. Submit the art along with a completed Student Entry Form by the deadline. Student Entry Forms are located on the website and in the library.
When is the deadline?
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7th
Questions? Contact Amber Wood, Franklin PTA Reflections Chair 206-639-0235
Thank you to all who participated in last year's Reflections art event. We are so proud of the unique and wonderful contributions that were submitted from students at Franklin. Check out the video to see a recap of this year's submissions. The theme for the 2020-2021 program year was "I Matter Because. . ."
Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school, but in life.
Students in grades pre-K through 12 create original works of art in response to a theme. Students submit their completed works of art in one or more of the six arts categories:
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling (3-D artwork is not being accepted this year)
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
While the primary focus of Reflections is a celebration of creativity through positive recognition, finalists from local PTAs will move on to their council PTA, then finalists from councils will move on to the state round. Washington State PTA finalists who receive an “Outstanding Interpretation” award will advance to the National PTA round.