Thank you to all who participated in this year's Reflections art event. We are so proud of the unique and wonderful contributions that were submitted from students at Franklin. Check out the video to see a recap of this year's submissions.
Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school, but in life.
Students in grades pre-K through 12 create original works of art in response to a theme. The theme for the 2020-2021 program year is "I Matter Because. . ." Students submitted their completed works of art in one or more of the six arts categories:
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling (3-D artwork is not being accepted this year)
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
While the primary focus of Reflections is a celebration of creativity through positive recognition, finalists from local PTAs will move on to their council PTA, then finalists from councils will move on to the state round. Washington State PTA finalists who receive an “Outstanding Interpretation” award will advance to the National PTA round.